Wow, what a year 2015 has been. It still baffles my mind how fast the year has gone.
A lot has happened in my life this year and as I reflect I want to share the 10 truths I have gleaned from my daily life this year. I have tried to include links to some blog posts for different points I mention.
- Time flies; if you have any dreams or plans to do something don’t hesitate to go for it. Let go of fear and grab the hope that God has made available for you. After all, you CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you!
- Friends come and go, instead of holding on to all of them ask God to show you who is supposed to stay and who you should let go of.
- God can and does take away people from our lives permanently. My grandfather’s death, although a big blow and painful, also showed me God’s faithfulness in how He preserved His life and kept him for a long time. Thank you God!
- Pride does come before a fall. No one likes people who show off and are proud; so friend, be humble and you will get further than you can imagine.
- It’s time to stop being over-emotional. Don’t be like an orchid, which needs constant care and watering and nurturing; Become an oak tree, the strong person that God created you to be. Sometimes we just have to learn how to tackle challenges face on and not hide away from them.
- Whatever happens in life, your family will always be your family. God put them there for a reason and it honours Him when we honour the relationships He has placed in our lives.
- When you make a mistake, own it and learn from it. Life is full of decisions that we make that may or may not go so well. So learn from it and encourage somebody else who may be walking the same path.
- God answers prayers. Enough said!
- God is still in the business of making dreams come true. On this one, I just have to thank God for taking me to Paris this year, something that has always been on my heart for the past 10 years but for one reason or another, I had never made it! But He did it. It might sound cheesy to you but mehn, it’s not to me! And so with you, no matter how little or big or cheesy your dream might seem, God sees and He can surely bring it to pass. After all, He is the one who put those desires in your heart in the first place!
- And finally, God is always going around doing good. He is doing so many good things in your life right now that you are probably not aware of. No matter where you find yourself this final day of 2015, remember that God is always working, especially when we think He is not.
It’s been a year of good times and challenging times. I just want to thank God for bringing me this far. He has indeed shown Himself ‘mighty’ in my life this year. This was my one word for 2015. He has truly kept me safe through all my crazy travels, He has provided for me daily, He has increased His favour and wisdom in my life, and He has always been there for me. He has truly been faithful and has been great! And I believe without a doubt that if you reflect over your past year, you will also see how great He has been to you.
Bless you as you begin 2016 with a grateful heart!